Sunday, October 22, 2006

Be careful what you ask...

Be careful what you ask, because you may get an unexpected answer.
Picking up the girls at Elementary school one day, in the car, “So How was your day? Anything special happen?” Rachel answered, “Well, I had to walk 5 laps on the playground today. I wasn’t thinking when I popped my lunch bag in the cafeteria today.” “Well, Rachel, what happened when you did that? Did anybody scream or cry?” “No, it just got real quiet, then my teacher looked at me and said 5 laps.” I helped her clean up her spilled lunch, tho’.”

Putting the foursome to bed one night, one of the girls asked, “ Mommy, who’s your favorite?” “Well, who do you think my favorite is?” They all answered, “me”. Once I caught my breath, I responded with,” You’re my favorite story teller, you’re my favorite cuddle bug, you’re my favorite fairness person, and you’re my favorite figure -outer.”

We were in the car one day and Mary said “You’re a good mom.” Rachel said, "You must be raising us right because we get along almost all of the time.”

No comments: