Friday, February 12, 2010

Children are a lot like snow flakes-

No two are exactly alike. Sure, they share similarities- life is just like that, but each child brings a pinch of her own flavored perspective along, and it is wise to remember this from time to time and to appreciate and even acknowledge these precious sparkles. Here’s one small example of the surprising perspective of a child.

While on vacation once, I stopped for gas in a self-serve station. The station was gross. Old, beachy, worn,dirty. If I had not been sitting on empty, I would have kept driving by.

It was Rachel’s day in the front, and she sat there, unusually quiet, just thinking and ruminating about our well spent week, I assumed. As I drove off, she murmured in a very thoughtful way, “ I just think that’s nice”. When I realized she was finished sharing her inner thoughts with me, I asked, “What’s Nice?”. “Clean bathrooms. That gas station has clean bathrooms, it said so on the sign, and I just think that’s nice.”

No comments: